Now you can carry your own LAN in your pocket. The device looks follow a minimalist design with a glossy top.
This router allows you to use your 3G connection on multiple computers, wirelessly. The maximum speed supported is 7.5 Mbps. It is small enough to fit in your palm.
There are two slots on the side, one for the 3G SIM card, another for a microSD card. Activating the device is super simple. Just pop in the SIM card and a 2GB microSD card and connect the device to a computer using a USB cable (provided with the router). The installation will start automatically.
Micromax MMX 400R 3G Router is managed through your browser. An instruction booklet is supplied with the router, just follow the instructions and you will have it running in a short time.
There are four indicators on top of the device, wireless, power, data transfer, and 3G network. The router works on Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac.
The speed is quite good but there is some latency while connecting to sites, however once connected, the page loading , browsing is fast.
The router runs on a 500 mAh Li-on battery. It has a standby time of 20 hours and running time of upto 4 hours of continuous use.
The price is Rs. 4999.00.
- 3G network: Supports HSUPA, HSDPA, UMTS, EDGE, GPRS
- Frequency band: 860/900/1800/1900 Mhz, UMTS/HSPA: 2100 Mhz
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g
- WiFi Transmission speeds: Upto 54 Mbps
- Encryption: WEP 64/128 bits, WPA, WPA2, PSK, AES, TKIP
- Users supported: Maximum 5 users on WiFi and 1 on USB
- Slots: 1 USB, 1 SIM card, 1 MicroSD, 1 Charger
- Batter: Li-on 500 mAh
- Package contents: Router, Li-On batter, User manual, Charger, USB cable