Fujifilm India has announced the launch of FinePix X100S and FinePix X20 cameras in the country.
Fujifilm FinePix X100S is the successor to FinePix X100, inheriting the X100’s high-performance lens, while adding a higher-definition hybrid viewfinder and a new sensor as well as image processor. The newly developed 16.3-megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II increase resolution by approximately 25% and reduce noise by more than 30%, as per company’s own estimates.
The highlight of the FinePix X100S is the AF in as little as 0.08 seconds. Additionally, the EXR Processor II offers fast response times with a start-up time of only approximately 0.5 seconds, a shooting interval of 0.5 seconds, and a shutter time lag of only 0.01 seconds.
Fujifilm FinePix X100S comes with a Hybrid Viewfinder that combines both an optical and an electronic Viewfinder. Making use of the in-built phase detection pixels for AF action, the X100S offers a “Digital Split Image” feature, which displays dual images on the left and right to be lined up for manual focusing. This enables accurate focusing especially when working with an open aperture or macro shooting.
The Fujifilm FinePix X100S comes with a Fujinon 23mm F2 lens and is priced at Rs 74,999.
Fujifilm also unveiled FinePix X20, successor to the popular FinePix X10. It comes with the newly-developed 12-megapixel 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II, which increase resolution by approximately 20% and reduce noise by more than 30%. The X20 boasts of just 0.06 seconds AF, and is as fast as the X100 in the rest of the specs.
Fujifilm FinePix X20 comes with a F2.0-2.8 4x manual barrel zoom lens and is priced at Rs. 39,999.
Fujifilm had originally showcased the FinePix X100S and FinePix X20 at CES in Las Vegas, alongside its other recent launches the FinePix SL1000 and FinePix HS50EXR.
Speaking at the launch of Fujfilm FinePix X100S and FinePix X20 in India, Rohit Pandit, EVP – Sales & Marketing, Fujifilm India said, “I am delighted that X100S and X20 are now available in India to the professional & high end amateur photographers who want to achieve premium quality images with the comfort of a compact camera. Also, from the technology point of view, one of the best feature in these cameras is the Hybrid Autofocus (Phase Detection along with Contrast Detection) which helps in achieving the world’s fastest autofocus.”
Fujifilm FinePix X100S key features
- 16.3 million pixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF)
- FUJINON 23mm F2 lens
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (with the world’s fastest AF speed of 0.08 sec.)
- Start-up time of 0.5 sec.
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 sec. & Shooting interval of 0.5 sec.
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Burst shooting rate of up to 6.0 frames per second at full resolution (max. 31 frames)
- Focus Peak Highlight function
- Artistic filters
- Full HD movie recording (60fps / 30fps)
Fujifilm FinePix X20 key features
- Advanced Optical Viewfinder with a Digital Trans Panel
- 12 million pixels 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.06 seconds
- Improved EXR Processor II
- High quality fast F2.0-2.8 lens
- 4x FUJINON manual barrel zoom lens
- Pop-up Super Intelligent Flash
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds, shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Super Macro mode (1cm) & Motion Panorama360
- 8 Advanced Filters, including ‘Pop Color’ for boosting saturation and ‘Toy Camera’ for a retro look
- Full HD movie (60fps)
- Film Simulation mode